View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 12:55 PM
robdicks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
There we go. Thanks for saying this.

I hate seeing fans always find excuses for why their team loses, oh the refs were bad, the coaching was bad, blah blah. When it comes down to it, it's the players who are on the ice and it's the players who play the game.

You ask what's wrong with Canadian hockey? It's this. We won't hold our players accountable. These guys get an easy ride all the way up based on pedigree and they're never held accountable for how they play. I can almost guarantee most of these players will go home and their parents will tell them it was somebody else's fault, just like they've probably been doing their entire lives.
Well I don't think there really is anything wrong with Canadian hockey. 17 out of 30 of the top scorers in the NHL last year were Canadian. We have won 2 out of the 3 last olympics, and have medaled in 13 straight world juniors.

The only tournament that we don't do very well in is the World Championships and that's because none of our top players care about it (which is really a problem in my opinion).

There isn't much wrong with Canadian hockey, but there is something wrong with the fans. If we don't win there is always SOMEONE to blame. Last year it was Visentin, this year it's Subban, Spott, Murphy, and Rielly. The bottom line is, these are short tournaments. One bad game (which is what we had tonight) and you're out of the tournament. Don't show up and you're out. That's what happened. It wasn't coaching. It was an awful game.

In the NHL the best team loses about 20 games during the season. I don't know if Canada was the best team in this tournament, but they were definitely a favourite. They lost an elimination game. That is all.

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote