View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It will be a tough time in assessing if a player really belongs if we have that short of a training camp. So what if he shows something, but then totally dissapear and you waste 1 year of contract benching him or making him stay in the stands? Will the 9 games still work? Or on a 48-game calendar, does it go to 4 games? Again, right now, I don't know. I do like the idea of giving him the spotlight already. Yet, my feeling, and I hope I'm wrong, is that to make a statement as far as his new coaching stint, Therrien will use his vets ad nauseam. Maybe with another full year in juniors shining, and a full training camp looking great, he'd then be more tempted to use him. Again, I don't know.
I don't even think it's that difficult really...if he comes to camp and shows he's good enough to be on this team, then he should be on it.

Sitting in the stands doesn't mean he can't improve as a player...see Tyler Seguin.

Considering the type of prospect Galchenyuk is, the best place for his development SHOULD be in the NHL (that's assuming that the coaching staff is good enough for him to develop) as long as he shows he's capable of playing at this level.

If he starts out strong then fades out...he can still improve as a player, as opposed to abusing 15-20 yr olds in the OHL.