View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
I thought he was solid all the way through. On the scramble play on the 1st goal, he got clipped behind the knee by McCabe and was playing catch-up for the rest of the play. But agree to disagree, he was the best d-man for Canada either way.

Murphy...I don't know what to say. He sucked like he's sucked all tourney long, but Spott kept force-feeding his golden boy icetime. He can rush the puck and has a bomb of a shot, but he's such a liability out there, and he doesn't manage the puck well when he does have it, even offensively.

Another head-scratcher among many from Spott, like the choice of Subban over Binnington, splitting up MacKinnon/Drouin, etc.

PS - I'm equally unimpressed with Hamilton. He didn't do anything noteworthy all tourney long.
Agreed with most of this. Spott made some real "wtf?" decisions, largely those you mentioned above. I was not impressed with the job he did, or the line up decisions he made.

As for Ryan Murphy, I'm really starting to question his hockey IQ. It seems he's got one thing on his mind every time he has the puck: skate end to end with it and try and deke out the other team. I didn't see him use his teammates well at all, and I saw him attempt those end to end rushes time after time even after they kept failing. The guy was brought along (after a bad camp) to be a PP QB, and he ended up with ZERO points in the tournament.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote