View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Agreed with most of this. Spott made some real "wtf?" decisions, largely those you mentioned above. I was not impressed with the job he did, or the line up decisions he made.

As for Ryan Murphy, I'm really starting to question his hockey IQ. It seems he's got one thing on his mind every time he has the puck: skate end to end with it and try and deke out the other team. I didn't see him use his teammates well at all, and I saw him attempt those end to end rushes time after time even after they kept failing. The guy was brought along (after a bad camp) to be a PP QB, and he ended up with ZERO points in the tournament.
Huberdeau wasn't very good on the wing, and I think Scheifele would have been a much better player at center, too. Camara and Scheifele play together in the OHL, and Drouin and MacKinnon are together in the Q. Why those two combos weren't tried more is beyond me. I think they could have, and should have tried for four balanced scoring lines. They had the centers to try it this year: Nugent-Hopkins, Strome, Scheifele and MacKinnon. It would have been interesting.

Also, I'm not a big Leafs fan but Morgan Rielly was clearly under-utilized. He's a LOT better than Murphy and Ouellet, and he should have been on the first PP unit.

I really didn't understand their total faith in Subban, either. That said, he was the main reason they beat USA the first time, and he was really really good against the Russians too. They didn't lose because of goaltending.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote