View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 12:55 PM
jeremywilhelm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Is that how he looked against Canada? Every game I've watched (DVR'd that game for tonight) Gaudreau has been more of a 'right place, right time' kind of guy. He hasn't blown me away with his puck skills moreso just simply impressed me by knowing where to be to make the 'easy' play.

In fact, against the Czechs he had two fortunate bounces due to being in the right place, leading to virtually empty netters (still a good shot) and the third goal was an excellent cross ice feed from I believe Miller.

Also think Grimaldi gets unfair blame, he was puck hounding it very well before being benched.
I saw, specifically on the power play, but alot on the cycle, that Johnny would shy away from the boards and move behind the net, and wait for Miller and Vesey to work the puck to him, this is what I meant by "just give the puck to Gaudreau" probably didn't come across properly. What I like about this strategy for the kid is, it keeps him from playing a physical game, which is is woefully inadequate at doing. Alot of the cycles ended up with Gaudreau standing behind or to one side of the net and distributing the puck for scoring chances. For all the goals he has, he is unlucky to not have 5 or 6 assists on top of them.