View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
18th in the league in 5 on 5 goals for. I wouldn't call that 'fine'. And nothing has been done to address it, in fact it's actually downgraded compared to what it was most of last year (half season of Cammy, 3/4 of a season from AK...to...Bourque for a full season and maybe an 18 year old Galchenyuk, you can't expect miracles from him to start)

The PP should be better, but they've also been calling fewer and fewer penalties in recent seasons, so relying on that is not going to get you far.

The DD line and Plekanec were essentially fully healthy though. Hard to imagine those 4 and Gionta will stay fully healthy through a potentially crazy 48 game schedule. 1 fairly long-term injury to those 5 forwards could very well happen, which will put us in a similar spot.
In terms of injuries you can say that for most teams, few have the depth to not miss a top 4-5 forward. Ottawa and Florida had amazing luck on many levels last year, on paper both are worse than us.

I personally don't see them keeping Galcheyuk unless he can contribute right away.

Big chunks of last year we had guys like LeBlanc Geoffrion Moen and Darche on Plekanec's line. If you get a healthy Gionta and a rebounded Bourque that's a huge upgrade. AK was used a lot on the 3rd line last year then was traded. Cammalleri was either not here or pouting.

The PP just returning to mid pack with Markov Kaberle and co would be a huge boost. No NHL teams has our skill on defense Subban Markov Kaberle Diaz, that could be a big boost if they can play to potential(healthy and bounce back).

I think a guy like Armstrong could surprise if he stays healthy, he has the skill to put up 20+ points in a shortened season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote