Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Prajna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Ironically, I see it the opposite. I think he's a guy that MIGHT be able to find a spot in our top 6 sooner and then find his way off our team before long. I think he's either on a scoring line or not that useful. The fact that he has chemestry with Silf and Spezza can carry lesser players is why I thought it was worth a shot to see if it work (for the benefit of three more balanced lines). Once our younger prospects get some seasoning (Stone, Zib, Prince, etc) they'd most likely bump him off the roster. I just don't want to rush any of those players (but I think the Sens will).

I think he's a better Bobby Butler. Butler was on pace for 20+ goals on Spezza's line. I think Hoffman would be more productive in that role as a place holder for one of the younger players.

It is a possibility, but I still see Latendresse and Regin ahead of him. So if one or both of them don't cut it, and/or injuries, maybe. Definitely not to start. If he does get in the top 6, it would be a temporary fill in until we find/develop a better replacement. Butler was not close to good enough, and he has proven to be a better goal scorer in the AHL; even in his first year. Hoffman is basically a 20 goal scorer in the AHL. If you expect Spezza and Silfverberg to get more out of him, I see that as a problem.

Prajna is offline   Reply With Quote