Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
WhiteLight*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
So you do not disagree with me. This thread is about our lineup if the NHL starts this month. Hoffman should not be slotted in our top 6 this year!
yeah agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Ironically, I see it the opposite. I think he's a guy that MIGHT be able to find a spot in our top 6 sooner and then find his way off our team before long. I think he's either on a scoring line or not that useful. The fact that he has chemestry with Silf and Spezza can carry lesser players is why I thought it was worth a shot to see if it work (for the benefit of three more balanced lines). Once our younger prospects get some seasoning (Stone, Zib, Prince, etc) they'd most likely bump him off the roster. I just don't want to rush any of those players (but I think the Sens will).

I think he's a better Bobby Butler. Butler was on pace for 20+ goals on Spezza's line. I think Hoffman would be more productive in that role as a place holder for one of the younger players.
He's not Chris Neil obviously (so maybe the Expert will disagree)

But am I the only one who sees similarities to Vermette? Maybe not quite as good defensively, but all right to play the wing in the bottom six.

He's not small... NHL size, skill and not completely clueless out there. He just might be the guy who can complement 2 physical linemates like like Neil... You know, a guy to handle to the puck and hang on to it a little longer than the grinders are capable of.

He's not 100% one dimensional like Butler, therefore I don't think he's top 6 or bust.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote