Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I have no idea what he was talking about, re: Florida resigning amensty buy-out. Anyway....
I had said previously that Florida sends a cap dump to Vancouver and Vancouver uses the amnesty clause on him and then he goes back to Florida. Kind of how like in the nba players get traded to a team and then that team buys them out and they wait 2 weeks so they can go back to their original team for a dime.

Or in hockey like how teams and players have agreements to be deadline rentals and as UFAs the coming offseason go back to their original teams.

Canucks had this agreement with Geoff sanderson and the blue jackets when they traded a pick or 2 for him and then let him leave in the offseason so he could go back to Columbus

Doug weight and the hurricanes/blues had this agreement as well I believe when they acquired him at the deadline and the coming off season he signed with the blues

Also where is this kings random I'm asking for? Ellerby is a #6 matthias is a 4th line center on ur own team one of those guys is hardly a premium on top of one blue chip prospect of either petrovic or bjustad and a very late 1st. U guys picked 22nd over this past year no? With the exact same team and much better goaltending I don't see how ur team can't have the same success at worst?

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 01-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.