Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Bring on Stome-afin!
Liferleafer's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,029
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
No one here is asking the leafs to pay the price Gillis wanted at the draft. You are arguing against yourself. You said I'm missing the point, but you are arguing a point no one has made.

So now then, is it safe to say that we haven't hit Burke's top limit yet? Because if we had, he would not have increased his offer when EDM jumped on board. He's still trying to "win" negotiations here. He didn't offer his top price at his two draft proposals, the evidence is the latest increase, so Gillis was right to wait him out? Correct? People have been saying Gillis is asking for the moon, but if these rumours indicate anything, it's that his price didn't deter Burke, and in fact Burke has moved even further towards Gillis. As high as Gillis's initial offer was, he was justified in waiting Burke out, and still waiting him out.

Now that FLA can dump a contract to VAN, or two, does this demand a further indirect
increase from Burke?
In my Burke doesn't have a cap dump to offer that would increase the value of other pieces. We need Komi, and Connolly/Lombardi are done in 6 months.

Liferleafer is offline