View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
I started this thread and just read through all the responses and have not seen anyone give a good reason why Lecavalier for a year does not make sense:
I haven't seen anyone give a good reasy why we should attempt to bring Vinny in, so believe me, the feelings mutual.

Quote:
1. He has almost an $8m cap hit through 2020 so HE WILL be an amnesty buyout. He is more of a no brainer than Redden
We're trying to shed salary. Not add salary.

Quote:
2. The fact he'll be getting all(most) of that money anyway makes it unlikely that he will be demanding a huge contract (he might want multiple years which would be a problem)
Vinny's going to do us a favor and sign for nothing. Nice guy.

Quote:
3. With Torts and Richards will have familiarity
Familiarity? Really?

Quote:
4. Miller is not ready
Nope. No he's not.

Quote:
5. Boyle is not good enough and we are one injury away from him being a 2nd line center
And if our goalie gets injured.. If Richards gets injured.. If Girardi gets injured..

And Boyle is good enough.

Quote:
6. Vinny has scored 103 points in 129 games the last two years (compare that to 2nd and 3rd line cneters around the league)
Which is why a team is probably going to offer Vinny more than we can afford.

Quote:
7. he is only 32 years old
He plays like he's 40.

Quote:
I am making huge assumption that he will work on a short term inexpensive deal based on all of the above and the Chance to win a Cup. If that is true, he is bretter than any option set forth in 4+ pages thus far IMO.
You want Vinny, a Center who isn't anything special defensively, especially when you consider he's never been the same since his injury and is an offensive forward, for our 3C?

It's a dumb idea. Too expensive, and not an upgrade over Boyle defensively. As far as depth goes, we're in a situation where we're going to have to shed salary. And you're expecting Vinny to frolick over here and play for a reduced salary when we don't have the funds necessary to ice our current line-up which still doesn't include Del Zotto.

Again, still waiting for a good explanation why we should pursuit Vinny..

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote