3rd line center if/when we get started
View Single Post
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Can't Beat Him
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Originally Posted by
I started this thread and just read through all the responses and have not seen anyone give a good reason why Lecavalier for a year does not make sense:
1. He has almost an $8m cap hit through 2020 so HE WILL be an amnesty buyout. He is more of a no brainer than Redden
2. The fact he'll be getting all(most) of that money anyway makes it unlikely that he will be demanding a huge contract (he might want multiple years which would be a problem)
3. With Torts and Richards will have familiarity
4. Miller is not ready
5. Boyle is not good enough and we are one injury away from him being a 2nd line center
6. Vinny has scored 103 points in 129 games the last two years (compare that to 2nd and 3rd line cneters around the league)
7. he is only 32 years old
I am making huge assumption that he will work on a short term inexpensive deal based on all of the above and the Chance to win a Cup. If that is true, he is bretter than any option set forth in 4+ pages thus far IMO.
I don't think that's an assumption that would prove to be accurate.
Look, I think pretty much anyone would take Lecavalier on a one year, $2M deal or something like that. It just seems extremely unlikely that he'd take that.
It's just pain.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by nyr2k2