View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:24 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Ahh what the hell.

Favourite Genre: I'm going to spare everyone yet another "I like all genres" cop-out and say that most of the music I listen to most would fall under either "Folk," "Singer-Songwriter" or "Indie."

As an aside, what the hell is "indie" - has anyone ever been asked to define it? does a means of distributing music really qualify as a genre? You might as well say 'I like MP3s'.. I guess it is really just the "alternative" of the aughts.
Favourite Band(s) or Artist(s): I'm just going to go through my phone for now. Animal Collective, Bill Callahan/Smog, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, I really really like one Broken Social Scene album, Caribou/Manitoba, Daft Punk, Destroyer, Fleetwood Mac, The Magnetic Fields, The Microphones, Sunset Rubdown, The Tallest Man on Earth, The Velvet Underground, Wolf Parade.
Favourite Songs: I don't know.
Best Album(s) ever made: Probably the ones that have had the most sustained listening from me over the last decade would be "You Forgot It In People" (Broken Social Scene), "A River Ain't Too Much to Love" (Smog), "Feels" (Animal Collective), "Apologies to the Queen Mary" (Wolf Parade), "69 Love Songs" (The Magnetic Fields), "Destroyers Rubies" (Destroyer).
Least Favourite Genre: Jeez, I don't know. If you try to weight against "Pop" (because that is the stuff that is ubiquitous and invites hatred) it's hard to really despise any one genre. Purely in terms of the music I don't think I have a least favourite genre, although the cultures of a lot of genres seems worthy of derision.
Least Appreciated Band or Artist(s): Christ. Umm I saw a band open for Destroyer and the Flaming Lips back at the old plaza of nations, the something or other Mints. They sucked.
Most Over-appreciated song: "Say Valley Maker"
A song that you like from and artist you don't like: That "Call Me Maybe" song from last year was super catchy, I have no real feelings towards Carly Rae Jepsen but I don't guess I'd be a fan of her music in general so let's go with that.
Favourite Song from your birth year: "Hearts and Bones"

Instruments you play: I fool around with a guitar.
Musical Experience: I fool around with a guitar.
Favourite Song you made: N/A

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote