View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm afraid we could run into problems with the cap because of a contract like that. Especially if they lower the cap as much as they say they wanna. I'm afraid it will keep us from being able to sign other players. Not other defensemen, but other forwards. And yes I'm not a fan of the Salvador contract I either. I wanted him back, but would have preferred him for $2-$2.5 million if it was for 3 years. I would also have not much complaints if Volchenkov was getting a million less.
There is no sense in panicking about the cap. We don't know what it will be and how long it will be before the cap comes back up again.
It's going to be 30 teams running around like chickens without heads once we get into the swing of things.

We are not even close to the worst off in cap dollars. Things will adjust accordingly, and we have more breathing room than most (and one of the most infuriatingly patient GMs in all of pro sports)

We are a team that's actually going to benefit from the cap coming down, believe it or not.
Consider that Carter, Bernier and now Butler were all picked off of waivers prior to this season. And that's without 2/3 of the league already busting through the proposed ceiling.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote