View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:41 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah we keep talking about this, and I hope so. I'm more worried about Zajac, and Clarkson. And then Patty with that ass Walsh who represents him. Do we have to pay him more than we did last contract? And when they go to UFA what kind of offers they will get.

If it makes Zajac worth $4.5-$5 million, and Clarkson only worth $3.5 I guess I'm fine with it. I still think they'll settle at $63-$65 million.
Depends if the final CBA allows teams to sign their FAs for longer terms than incoming FAs. We'd have that leverage for all of them.

And no, a 36 year old, no matter how talented, is not going to make more than his previous contracts. Don't forget that Elias said that FA was one of the worst days of his career. Don't think he wants that again.

Personally, I think you're going to see a lot of yo-yo'ing of FAs during the summer. Not just solely with the Devils.
You'll have a lot of players who expect a certain amount and won't get it because of lowered caps, will peruse around the league and see that NO ONE will pay them amount only to go back to their former team and get the better deal.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote