View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Depends if the final CBA allows teams to sign their FAs for longer terms than incoming FAs. We'd have that leverage for all of them.

And no, a 36 year old, no matter how talented, is not going to make more than his previous contracts. Don't forget that Elias said that FA was one of the worst days of his career. Don't think he wants that again.

Personally, I think you're going to see a lot of yo-yo'ing of FAs during the summer. Not just solely with the Devils.
You'll have a lot of players who expect a certain amount and won't get it because of lowered caps, will peruse around the league and see that NO ONE will pay them amount only to go back to their former team and get the better deal.
Hope Patty is re signed before UFA. I hope Lou don't make a mess like with Marty last year, but I can easily see it happening, and having to wait on Zajac like we did with Parise last year.

Salvador just got more than last contract, and he's 36, but I realize that's a different circumstance. I also have a theory he may have settled for less had he not been on the market.

Hopefully Patty takes a paycut. I think he will. Not a massive one, but a slight one like Marty did. Same with Zubrus. He should take a cut as well or I'd be fine parting with him, and trying to sign Poni.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote