View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
I am sorry that you feel things haven't worked out in Detroit since the last work stoppage but the reality is the league has had record revenues the last few years and they did land a national TV contract. So while I would agree that the NHL under Bettman has had it's ups and downs it most defenitley has not been a failure.

As far as the cap goes I can offer a different perspective being a Bruins fan for 25+ years. Our owner, Jeremy Jacobs, was never willing to spend the money necessary to compete with the other big market teams under the old system and the fans suffered for it. But under the cap there is league wide parity and the Bruins have thrived which has revitalized the orginazation in Boston. Under the cap the Bruins are a stronger orginazation and have more fan support than they have had in nearly 20 years. It's been amazing to watch the turnaround. Hockey is back in Boston and its a beutiful thing.
The rest of the league just came down to the Bruin's level and bad ownership is rewarded.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote