View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Unstable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Socal View Post
I completely disagree with the "neither side can afford to lose this season" The damage has already been done to the league because this will kill the growth of the league. All diehard fans will be back (that is why we waste our days here hoping for a deal) but this lockout is going to keep the casuals away. The length of this lockout has already done damage to the $$$. I really think the cancellation of the season is just a formality (but that is just me).

I do agree, if there were to be a deal, one side would HAVE to cave. There is no middle ground here, and that is a shame.
I don't agree with this at all. The vast majority of the U.S. national TV schedule is still ahead of us, as is the entire NBC schedule, and the playoffs. The only big loss as far as "casual" fans is the Winter Classic. I would imagine that most people start paying attention to hockey in January, when the NFL season is over (be it the regular season or the playoffs depending). If they fix this right now all they'll have lost is two weeks.