View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 03:43 PM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
JJ - I'm well aware of the previous drama within the NHLPA, and to take that route you can also say the turmoil had to do with getting bulldozed by the owners in 2005. Chicken..egg...chicken. They're both at fault because it's not just about what's best for the league between these groups, it's about getting even or getting one over on the other side.

Haseoke39 - the owners actually came out with an initial offer of 44% HRR for the players.

Layne - I don't entirely disagree with you, but when the owners got everything they wanted in 2005 and still cry "poor" and come back for more after their own share of dubious contract offers and organizational mis-management, some players are justifiably suspicious of that. Then pride and greed get in the mix too, which sends the process down the toilet.

FWIW, I see the players having a pretty good reason (even if it's based too much on emotion) to be p----d off for THIS lockout. Overall though, considering recent history, I split blame between both groups anywhere between 60/40 either way. Bottom line is it really doesn't matter. I just want the NHL to eventually be able to operate in a stable and profitable manner, without dis-passionate markets like West Crooked Tree Hornytoads trying to compete with the Montreal Canadiens.
I take issue with the assertion that the owners got everything they wanted in 2005. It was bargaining. Bargaining happened. Same thing this time.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote