View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
du5566*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
exactly, the people arguing about phoenix and atlanta just want to say "hockey doesn't belong in the US" "non traditional markets" blah....same old

if people would read the facts about the phoenix or atlanta mess, or had been to phoenix to games before or after the move......

and the whole people in the south love nascar........

never been to a sprint cup series, never want to, sounds boring to me, but some people love it........ and go look at the schedule, over half the series is not played in the south, and there is only one game in 2013 played in Ga.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that phoenix is doomed..... but it isn't the fault of Bettman and it isn't the fault of the fans and it's not because it isn't in a climate that doesn't have "pond hockey."
What frustrates me is these same people seem unable or unwilling to comprehend what successful franchises in Atlanta and Phoenix (two of the bigger TV markets in North America) could have meant for the NHL and the sport; especially when it usually ends up in statements like “the ___________(insert favorite big market team here) have to suffer so that the league can keep these small market teams going.”

du5566* is offline   Reply With Quote