View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 04:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Which one of those is a good skater? They're all anywhere from average to below average. Or did you not read the first post in this thread?

It's disappointing to see how many people just straight up haven't read the first post. It mentions speed, mobility, etc. several times. It's clearly not a thread about the quality of players but about their skating.
That is also just an opinion, once again I guess it is just me, but I see nothing wrong with Hertl's stride, speed and lateral movement. His acceleration could use some work but has already improved a bunch from last year. I wouldn't call him a weak skater, heck consider his size I would probably call him above average, if he gets a more explosive first step he is flat out elite. His problem is it takes him three steps to get to top flight, but once he is there make no mistake he is a very fast hockey player.

So you can bag on a couple these guys but two or three listed have acceleration problems, not outright speed problems. A factor to be sure, but not nearly as bad as the picture painted in the OP in my opinion. Now that does point to the power skating point also probably the fact (this is pure speculation) that they might not do the kind of lifting and lower body exercises most North American coaches and programs make kids do over here.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote