View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
PaulieVegas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlms13 View Post
I might be mistaken but in a hockey tournament right now, there is a team with two loses that eliminated an undefeated team because of the timing of the game.

This, you won only because you were better for just one game argument is all crap. On both sides. Welcome to round robin tournament sports. If you don't like it don't play. Would you prefer the old, one big round robin with the winner? or a single KO bracket like the NCAA tournaments?
I actually liked the old round-robin format from the amateur days. That way, every game is important and the winner is usually the team that had the best overall body of work and not the team that was better on one day but not necessarily better overall.

And I agree, I'm aware of the "timing of the game" issue and understand the undefeated team lost to a team with two losses. And that one of those losses was to the very team they beat today. Just like USA beat Canada in the prelimins in Vancouver but lost the gold medal game. I don't necessarily like that, I prefer older formats that had two large groups and a four-team round robin medal round.

PaulieVegas is offline   Reply With Quote