View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 07:11 PM
SoundAndFury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You've got to be kidding. Like I said, Hossa let it be known a couple of weeks ago he's ready to go. And, Hossa has at least won the Stanley Cup. Gáborík is a lot younger than Hossa and hasn't really won a trophy in his career so far (not even the World Championships gold with Slovakia). Gagarin Cup might be tempting for him, no matter on what team.

I disagree. I believe that Slovan with Janus in goal, and Hossa and Gáborík on the attack, might be a legitimate Gagarin Cup contender. A very long shot, of course, but the same was true of the LA Kings last spring, and look where the quartet of Quick, Kopitar, Richards and Carter got them.

Gáborík a small player? Not on this planet. Injury-prone, yes, but he still managed to play through the entire last season without missing a game, 102 games in total. 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) isn't "big", but calling it "small" is ridiculous.
Ok, yes, he's not small per se, he just plays like one. He's not a bruiser, physical or gritty, call it whatever you like. Fact is he relies on his "small player qualities". At the end of the day, we are not even talking about it. He's as fragile as china, next to the fact that he managed to stay healthy entire season you should've mentioned the fact it was the first such occurrence during his NHL career.

All the other arguments (with no disrespect) are quite nonsensical. And you there just isn't one to deny the fact that Gaborik's priority at this moment has to be being as good as he possibly can next season.

I guess it's for the best to postpone discussion like this one for a weak or two because if lockout ends they are just one big waste of the time.