View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 09:20 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Merry Christmas to me, from...ME! After asking my wife for a jersey for christmas and being told I should just have my hobby for myself, I did just that and ordered myself this Joe Sakic 2004 all star jersey. MVP of the game and a really nice jersey. Nicer than I thought. The stars across the bottom, the lettering on the front and the NHL shield are all felt, not twill. The all star patch is really nice, too. All it lacks is the Avs patch for the shoulder opposite the all star patch.

Next is another Sakic all star jersey. This time it's a replica I had done up at Denver Athletic. Replicas aren't as nice as authentics and this one proves the rule. Just doesn't measure up to the above jersey or my Forsberg all star from '01. But the lettering is precise, the color scheme is sharp and the game in '01 was here, so it's a cool jersey. And it'll look just fine at the Pepsi Center after they end the lockout here in the next few days.

By the way, the first jersey was a SMOKIN' deal. $99 for the whole thing from FullMoonJerseys on Ebay, shipping included. Find an avs patch for $15 or so and you've got an authentic jersey fully customized and accurate to the on-ice version. Authentic blanks can't be had for that price sometimes. He's got more listed in the Sakic '04 in size 46 and 48, check it out.

DUDE! BOTH of those are amazing! Especially the top one.

And check your PM, I just sent you one.