Thread: u17 camp
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
OSA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
I'm not really sure how McKeown is your main target in a 2-1 loss. You realize he is a defenceman, right? And his primary goal is to keep the puck out of his net, rather than score goals, which based on the 2 goals against he succeeded. Furthermore, I'm not sure how you can say McDavid played well, when he is a forward and your big gun, who had ZERO points when you needed him the most.

Did you watch the game??

If you know McKeown, you'd know that he is a catalyst for the offense (especially on the PP). I'm a really big fan of his. I think he will be an excellent NHLer one day. So, I was quite surprised at how poorly he played given what we should expect from him. Like I said, I would assume his shoulder is still bothering him.

McDavid can't do it all himself. Other players need to step up as well and that team was loaded with talented players that could have/should have done so. Aside from the untimely penalty in the 3rd, McDavid played well in spite of the fact that he didn't make the score sheet. If you really watched you would have determined that as well.

OSA is offline   Reply With Quote