View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 10:05 PM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
As I have stated before, I do not believe the PA is just making noise about decertifying...IMO they are in fact willing to walk that path.
I've said before, if this is true, the PA has nothing to fear from the NHL's legal suit. Give it a little time, put together some body of evidence that shows you're actually serious, something to counterweigh all the players telling the media that this is their negotiation ploy, and the courts will eventually be glad to hear your antitrust case. The NHL will have nothing to say about it. It's the antitrust case that they bring 24 hours after filing a disclaimer and walking out of the last negotiation session, when all your people have said for a few months is that they're doing this for leverage, and no one has done a damn thing to indicate that they're actually planning on representing themselves next season (i.e., one player tries to negotiate one non-CBA contract with any team), it's that antitrust case that the court will likely throw out.

If the PA is legit in its desire, it has nothing to fear from the NHL's legal papers. They just have to give it a little time, prove they've really walked away from the negotiating table for good and are trying to work as individuals.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote