View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
I always try to visualize lines coming together and making a cohesive whole, and as such, with players with talent but questionable playoff performances, I look harder at those lines, if a player is in a position that strikes me as a great fit, I focus almost solely on regular season. If it is a bad fit, then I look a lot closer at the poor playoffs. And of course, usually it's somewhere in between. (Unless it's a case like when Dionne was put with Maurice Richard, that was spot on brilliant.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Good idea! I think we should separate assassination threads into divisions. Then people can start making the case that they have the best goaltending, coaching, top line, or whatever, and it will really help for the voters to sort out the four teams for their votes.

I can't believe we didn't think of this before.
The assassination threads have value as a place to discuss the teams as a cohesive unit. That's why I'd prefer to have division by division regular season debate threads, and then giving them high stakes by a winner getting a bye and the 4th place team getting eliminated.

That said, if we do not have teams miss the playoffs (which is, sadly, looking like the way it will go.) then I'd rather have division by division assassination threads.