Thread: Nail Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch1986 View Post
So in Russia is Yakupov being lauded as a gifted, wondrous player right now? All I'm saying is I don't get the hype all I see is a selfish, immature player who gave away the puck over and over and over again.
He has been blasted but it is the coaching that has copped criticism from day one of the tournament.

My point is that you are basing it off this tournament and SSS, no one knows what will happen but I think on the right line (Which he should be at Edmonton) he will probably do fine, based on what I saw of him in the KHL (Which is the highest level he has played at). Even when his performance in the KHL dropped off (He went into a big slump which has carried over into WJC), he still did not look as bad as he did in the WJC.

He was not selfish last year at the WJC playing on the same line with Kuznetsov.

I think he is Yakupov is over rated but I don't think he will have a bad career. Larionov continuously comparing him to Bure increased his stock, we both know the comparison is insulting to Bure.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote