Old
01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Actual Thought
Boy was I wrong!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
Schminksbro,

I am trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt that your anti-cap agenda isn't just about the Wings and your belief that more money equals championship hockey and "greatness" but you are making it very hard my friend.
The Rangers outspent the Wings annually during the pre-cap days. The Wings won and NYR didn't. In Detroit we have a great owner who gave away cars in order to get butts in seats. It isn't like he just bought a franchise in HockeyTown and had instant success. He created a plan and built the most successful franchise in sports. He created HockeyTown. He did this without a salary cap in a city that has taken its lumps economically. The population has plummeted and still the Wings were successful. Then came a division with Nashville and Columbus, the lockouts, rule changes and then came the cap. There goes the Redwings. Now the league is locked out again and the damage will be even deeper. The teams that the cap was supposed to save are still wallowing in apathetic markets. All I see is a reduction in the quality of the product that I used to buy without any of the promised benefits.

Actual Thought is offline   Reply With Quote