View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
This current team isn't good enough to host a Memorial Cup. Period. Now I know bad teams have hosted before and Branch shafted us before because he (all but) promised the hosting gig to two teams at the same time and sided with the money BUT I don't want to host and get blown off the ice.

The rumors of Khokhlachev and Pavelka being offered around makes more sense in that they are our two pieces of any value that wouldn't be back next year. Pav almost stayed home this year, and will probably look for a pro gig back home - and even if he was looking to come back for an OA season the OA/Import combo makes it unlikely we'd have a spot for him.

I don't think Posa will be dealt, mostly because I don't think he has value more than a 4th round pick and given our lack of 19/20 yr old vets we'd need to keep our Captain around given the piddling return value.

Also I don't think the league will want to "reward" a franchise they just slapped a big penalty on for breaking league rules or want it rehashed over and over again both in stories should Windsor be awarded the host gig and then for the week everybody is here. Nor do I think Branch wants to show his face in Windsor and get booed out of the arena on national television and look like a jackass.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 01-04-2013 at 12:24 AM.