View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Agree with this. These four were not difference makers, weren't asked to be, did a good job in the role they were asked to play. Unfortunately, the "big three" offensive guys were terrible, far inferior to the US dmen by comparison. I expected far more from Hamilton. Rielly was "okay" in spurts, had the occasional nice rush, but generally ineffective in generating offense. Murphy either tried (and failed) to rush the puck end to end or looked lost trying to defend without the puck.
I don't want to take up an Isles' prospect thread discussing two non-Islander prospects, but just briefly, I think the difference I saw in the tournament between Rielly and Murphy is this. Rielly struggled, but when he was on, you saw the type of potential he has at the next level. You saw the kind of player he could become. With Murphy, all I saw was a guy with a bomb of a shot and a great skater, but who seemed to lack hockey sense and was positionally lost in the defensive zone, literally as though he wasn't sure most of the time where to stand.