View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
This. I know too many people that also do this as they just got into the Rangers anywhere from 2010 to the middle of last season and are acting like they've been fans for most of their lives. Same goes for people with the Knicks in the last year or two and people at times with Brooklyn during the last few months. Its ridiculous. I really wish there were a way to institute a universally accepted 3-year "shut up and know your role" policy for all new fans of teams. You can become a fan of any team whenever you want. You must watch and support the team for 3 years before you can start **** talking people about it. That's it. Pay your dues, then go nuts. Everyone has to start somewhere, so its fine to join later on than others. But sit down and shut up for a while first.
I've put a lot of Nets fans in their places, and by a lot I mean like two. All you have to do is ask to name the starting 5 last year, or at least who played center when Lopez went down. If you can't muster up Petro and Williams, then you haven't "always been a Nets fan, even when they were bad."

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote