View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:29 AM
HighLifeMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
He's not their best dman though. Since Musil left, their best dman is Vannieuwenhuizen. Kulak is their 3rd or 4th best dman actually. and size isn't an issue. He's not huge by any means, but he's grown a fair bit the last year or so. He's a great skater, and has a decent shot, but he's a turnover machine and an absolute nightmare in his own end. And this isn't coming from someone that's watched him one or two times. I live in Vancouver and go to most games

Edit: don't get me wrong, he's still a decent prospect, and has a chance to be essentially J-Bo lite, but he's no steal just yet by any means
I think calling him a nightmare in his own end is an extreme exaggeration. He was specifically touted last year as being a relatively strong defensive player that came with untapped offensive potential. I have been trying to keep tabs on him this year, and there is no doubt he is struggling a bit, but he is clearly their best all around defensemen.

Vancouver is without a doubt the worst team in the WHL, and in fact have the worst winning percentage in the entire CHL. No one is going to stand out on a team that is constructed in such a fashion, especially an 18 year old.

He has the potential to be a steal, but I can agree with you that he has not shown it too this point in the season (whether that is a result of his surroundings or his ability is another story..)

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote