Thread: Value of: Tomas Plekanec
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:41 AM
glenbuis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Why would you consider trading kristo, Gallagher and leblanc? They are all young and have not been given a real chance. Trading Bourque right now won't bring us much. Then the most confusing part is calling Bouillion and Cole our core. By the time all those picks mature to even be able to play in the NHL cole will be gone, and Buillion is probably going to retire after this year. I wouldn't call any of those 3rd and 4th liners core players...
I probalbly should have used the term remaining team members. I agree that the actual core should probalbly be limited to Price, Subban, Emelin, Patches, Eller, Galyenchuk, Tinordi, etc.. I feel adding to this core with another couple solid young players and high picks is where will be successful. I guess im down on Kristo, Gallagher and Leblanc because Im tired of us developing smaller less physical players. We seem to have this love of midgets and smaller players. The last two cup winners were rich in size and toughness. I don't see this trend stopping. As long as the game is played on a surface of 200-85 we need to adjust. Owners are never going to expand ice surfaces at a cost of 300-400 seats. I also feel that we can hardly consider ourselves a serious cup contender as we sit. By adding a coupla high picks, a coupla free agents will be closer.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote