View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:44 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, TG. While I would have loved to see the DOI filed and Fehr fired about a month ago, doing so now will definitely end any chance of a season and the legal issues created by doing so will threaten next season's start as well.

If a DOI and union decert occurs, the next step is players will individually file anti-trust lawsuits against the league (whenever they wish to, by the way) and then the court has to deal with those, one by one. Any "reorganization" into a new union or "player association" would probably take a while.

With no deadlines of their own, a court can take its time sorting out all the legal issues related to this lockout. In addition, with the season being cancelled, the court can look upon, say, October 1 as its own deadline to get things done. Of course, that is a dangerous course because anytime you set a deadline so far into the future, you run the risk of facts, parties, and particulars changing and then you see court continuances, etc.

In any event, a DOI at this point means curtains on the current season.
I am afraid you are right but I want you to be wrong. I still stand by what I have said all along and that is that we will have a season and that 1/11 is when we should at least have a done deal if not players in camp but now I am basing allot of it on hope and advice.

I am at least confident that everyone is at the very least trying to save this season from not happening. They may be complete idiots in how they are going about it but there is just too much to loose if they let it go.