View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Can he be sent back after 10 games like last year? Because if Scheifele's the 13th forward, he's not going to be seeing a lot of ice. I don't even really agree with keeping him up to play a bottom 6 role at all. Not saying he's top-6-or-bust, but the team should be grooming him for top-6...not saddling him with 5 minutes of ice a night with Thorburn and Machacek on his wing.
I tend to agree and am not convinced playing up in this shortened season will be in his or the Jets best interests. Seeing him in the WJC has not altered my opinion that Scheif, despite his considerable talent, still needs more work on his balance and strength. He wasn't just diving at the WJC, he was getting knocked around.
If there is a season, training camp will be abbreviated and Scheif will have a huge training advantage that will persist even through a <10 game tryout...so that won't tell a true tale.
I am still partial to him finishing in Barrie, where he'll be playing in all facets of the game, and hopefully challenge for a championship.