Will the Oilers benefit from a 48 game season?
View Single Post
01-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Oilers & Seahawks
Join Date: Jan 2010
Originally Posted by
I think losing half the season helped the Oilers, but I think a season-long lockout hurts the Oilers.
- I see Hall and Eberle (and possibly Schult and Nuge) becoming disinterested with playing at the AHL level
- Too much of a layoff for the rest of the team (Dub, Petry)
- not enough AHL time for B level prospects
- almost no chance of a high draft pick (in a "good" draft year)
- I could be wrong, but I think it's preferable for Yak to be in North America, improving his English and playing sheltered minutes at the NHL level.
Also, off-ice issues, the arena
A season long lockout would definitely dampen chances of us getting the arena thing solved.
View Public Profile
Connell McWilson's albums
Find More Posts by Connell McWilson