View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 01:05 AM
The Nuge
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I think calling him a nightmare in his own end is an extreme exaggeration. He was specifically touted last year as being a relatively strong defensive player that came with untapped offensive potential. I have been trying to keep tabs on him this year, and there is no doubt he is struggling a bit, but he is clearly their best all around defensemen.

Vancouver is without a doubt the worst team in the WHL, and in fact have the worst winning percentage in the entire CHL. No one is going to stand out on a team that is constructed in such a fashion, especially an 18 year old.

He has the potential to be a steal, but I can agree with you that he has not shown it too this point in the season (whether that is a result of his surroundings or his ability is another story..)
He's definitely their best all around dman, but he's certainly not been their best dman. He honestly has been that bad defensively. Now, I think that could be because he's been trying to do too much as he's really the only puck mover on the team, but I'd like to see him work on his play in his own zone a little more. He looked a lot better when he had Musil to cover for him, so I'd guess on a better team his flaws wouldn't be quite so glaring. As I said, he has potential, but he's got a long way to go, and its way to early to call him a steal

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote