View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 02:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovatar View Post
As much as I can't wait to see Gally in a Habs uniform here are some caveats to consider. Including Sarnia and Team USA he has already played 40 games. If he makes it on the Habs that's another 48 games + playoffs (I'm thinking playoffs because if this is not what management projects then it would be pointless to burn a year off his ELC). If we make it past the first round that's over a hundred games played. That might be too much for an 18 year old coming off serious knee surgery. Perhaps it's wiser to let him finish in Sarnia (assuming his hockey season ends in mid April) and that will give him 5 months to get stronger for training camp next fall. Given he's so close to being NHL ready I think what's most important right now for Galch's development is what he does off the ice. I'm afraid if he makes the Habs this year he will burn out when we need him most. I could be wrong, but it's something to consider.
Lately I've been all for Galchenyuk to play with the Habs. This, IMO, is the best argument not to that I've read. Especially the idea of him getting a long off season to train. That's crucial IMO.

I still think if he can hack it he stays but in light of your argument it's probably not the best choice.

Great post.