View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post
i fail to see how yandle for eriksson benefits dallas.
Eriksson is awesome, and I could definitely see why you wouldn`t want to trade him, but purely positionally, having signed Jagr and Whitney in the off season, wing is an area of strength, and Dallas` defense could certainly use an infusion of talent. It may not be perfect, but for a 5-way trade, I think I met everyone`s needs.

San Jose upgrades their top-6(and I`m assuming that as a legitimate cup contender they can re-sign him).
Anaheim gets their much needed 2C(although it kind of hinges on Perry wanting to leave to a contender, slightly lowering his value to the Ducks)
Phoenix deals from a position of strength on both their roster and prospect pool to acquire a dangerous scoring threat whose defensive game would work well with Tippet, I think.
Dallas I mentioned above.
Los Angeles helps clear their backlog of centres(Kopitar-Richards-Carter-Toffoli-Loktionov with top-6 potential). I think Richards and Eriksson are similar calibre players, and the difference in value positionally is reversed in LA dur to their need for Wingers over centres.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote