View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Spectrefire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I doubt it. Being a young, RFA defensive defenseman looking towards his 2nd contract he's not the type of player that warrants a lot of money. Heading into last season Karl Alzner got a 2 year deal at $1.285 per year. I imagine Tanev will be close to that.
Fair enough. I was using Bozak as a comparable for Tanev.

As for the discussion on Kassian and Jensen and their roles on the roster next season, I think that they absolutely belong in the top six.

For me, it'd ideally be:

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Booth-Kesler-Kassian

I think that fills the needs of both those two lines tremendously. Jensen's a dynamic sniper and putting on on a line with two elite playmakers could potentially create some very good results.

Kesler and Booth are two shoot-first guys who are missing a natural RW playmaker to pass them the puck. Zack Kassian IS a natural RW playmaker who can do just that. He's a perfect fit for that line. He's a big speedy power forward who would be playing with two other big speedy power forwards.

That would also give Jordan Schroeder an opportunity to center a 3rd line with Burrows and Higgins/Hansen. He'd have two very good TWFs to help him out defensively, and their combined speed and offensive potential would make a very potent 3rd line combination.

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote