Old
01-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Sorry...wasn't meant as a criticism, it's much appreciated, i'm sure it's pain-staking work.

I just mean that while those kinds of reports are informative, they also provide over-analysis IMO.

Gotta be careful to not draw too many conclusions based on a shift-to-shift report...
Don't be sorry, no offence was taken.

I was a bit skeptical at first when it came to writing down what happened during each shift. I wanted to start off by just posting the time of the shift and any stats involved (i.e. Galchenyuk shift: 1:12. 1 assist, 1 takeaway). Then I started to get DMs of people begging me to write a short analysis of each shift. I tried it out and people loved it.

I definitely hear you on drawing too many conclusions though. Sometimes he can turn the puck over 3-4 times a game in Sarnia, and I'll have to explain to those that ask that, for one he carries the puck more than almost anyone else on the team (Sarault is up there) and two, he passes the puck a lot more than anyone else on the team too. Bound to turn the puck over more when you're passing it 100 times, over someone passing it 10-15 times.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!