View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 07:04 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Montreal had a solid goalie as well in Huet that year but WANTED Price to take over fully and dealt Huet to Washington in what was an absolutely unexpected move by the Habs. They wanted Price to carry his strong play and even though he was a ROOKIE!

Turned out pretty well for them. I'm wondering what might happen if the lock-out ends... Do we call up Lehner and split some games early on with Anderson? Is Bishop going to be called up instead even though Lehner deserves it more? If Lehner does really well do we deal Anderson? I don't think so but who knows what management thinks.
Ehhhhhhhh.... that's highly debatable. Huet had a nice 2005-06, but wasn't anything special afterwards. And the Huet trade didn't exactly work out for the Habs in the short run, especially in the playoffs. Price's first 3 playoff year stats:

2008: 2.78gaa, .901sv
2009: 4.11gaa, .878sv
2010: 3.56gaa, .890sv

What I'm trying to say is that I think Price is a great goalie, and if you ask me, he should be Team Canada's starter in the next Olympics (if nothing changes between now and then), but I think his recent successes have been achieved DESPITE Montreal's decision to throw games at him that early in his career, not BECAUSE of it.

I think they're lucky that Price rebounded as well as he did, because he looked pretty bad for long stretches of two years, before they dealt Halak. Sure, he looked outstanding at times, but he was, for two years, one of the streakiest goalies in the league.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote