View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Zack Kassian, Mason Raymond, and a 1st round pick for Corey Perry.*

*IF Perry wants to sign with a contender. Otherwise Anaheim won't bother.

Cory Schneider for Dave Bolland + 1st.

Heartrenching as a Canucks fans to lose Schneider off the roster and replace him with Bolland, however, I think if we did these trades we would be absolutely favourited to win the cup.

I would assume that Chicago would have to acquire a 2C like Plekanec or something at the deadline(something they might do anyways), and I think Kruger should be okay as a 3C(obviously not as good as Bolland, but still).

For Anaheim, if there is a serious bidding war, I would be willing to up the offer, although I'm interested to know what pieces from the Canucks you'd be interested in if Perry were to be traded at the deadline. I've heard the Ducks had interest in Kassian(somewhere on these boards, don't remember where), and a 1st round pick is likely a given. Together those have some solid value, and as a roster player Raymond is a perfectly decent player with speed and able to play the PK, however if pushed to beat another team's offer I would consider replacing him with Booth.
I would never ever ever ever ever ever do that Bolland deal. Schneider >>> Bolland and a late 1st (Possibly 30th if we do that) Doesn't constitute for it. Above all else I would be willing to bet no one in our organzation wants Bolland here. (Thankfully)

The Perry deal isn't bad but since he is a UFA that he a HUGE risk for us, since the CBA will be going down if we lose the season, and then at that point we would probably not be able to resign Perry, and that would also kiss Edler goodbye who honestly is a bigger need for us than Perry (I love Perry but losing Edler destroys our defense)

So overall no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I believe we had interest in Hodgson, not Kassian.
I was thinking about that when Brayden Schenn's name was getting tossed around in those Bobby Ryan rumours.

And it was rumoured you wanted a young center capable of 2nd line duties right away (And other stuff obvisouly) and I thought "Rats" but looking back it wouldn't be all that beneifical for us now since we would surely lose Edler if we had Ryan.

And even though I was a big Cody fan, I'm happy getting a young player like Zack in return, he brings something we desperately need and had none of in our organization prior to the deal.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote