View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwhiteandGreen View Post
Agreed- Aleardi is always going full out. We can't read too much into how the trade shakes out. Assuming they're looking for a top goalie, you gotta wonder what it would take to get one. 1. Who has the kind of goalie that the Whalers would give up Levi or Aleardi for; and 2. That same team has to have a need for one or both of those two Whalers. How sweet will the pot have to be? Could it be a one for one trade, or could we see multiple players traded from Plymouth? All we know for sure is they have to give up one overager. I know Aleardi started out with Kitchener and Belleville, but he and Levi both played on the same Compuware midget teams. It would be so cool if they could finish their junior careers in the same system, but it doesn't look that's gonna happen. If it does, that would be the biggest surprise to me. The other shocker would be if the Whalers don't go for goal tender and trade one of the overagers for something else
Kitchener will probably be moving one of their goalies John Gibson or Franky Palazzese. Either one would fetch a Kings Ransom (Gibson slightly more) but youngsters and multiple picks will need to go back to the Rangers. I would also imagine a Ryan Murphy will also be available or included in the trade package.