Old
01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Tanev is better than Franson.

Tanev is definitely NOT better than Liles
Debatable, Tanev is already capable of top 4 minutes along side top NHL defensemen in key situations and doesn't miss a beat.

I would never trade Tanev for Liles myself, cause I think Tanev will be better than Liles by the end of this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The article says he's a 3rd pairing guy who can play PP

What exactly is Tanev?
On our roster?

A 3rd pairing defensemen perfectly capable (Much more capable than Franson) of top 4 minutes.

On your roster he would probably be a top 4 defensemen, maybe he wouldn't start there but with his play and with the way some of your other guys play he would earn his way there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
I'm just curious.
Put Franson on the Leafs and Tanev on the Canucks and I'm sure Tanev will be the "#7 on the leafs" and Franson will be the "able to play top 4 mins" D
I honestly doubt it, part of the reason no one here wants Franson for Tanev is because of Fransons bad defensive game.

Put Tanev on the Leafs and I think he earns his way into a top 4 role like Gardiner did as I mentioned above (Not saying he is as good as Gardiner so don't take that the wrong way)

Put Franson on the Canucks and I think he plays like Ballard did in 10/11 for us. Inconsistent with defensive Errors (Even though his "poor play" was greatly overblown and over disected IMO) But still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Yeah, a Franson for Alberts swap makes more sense. The Leafs move a player that doesn't want to be there and receive a big, physical, stay at home #6 dman. The Canucks move a left side guy where they are very deep for a natural right side guy where they lack depth. Franson would fill the role of #6 or 7.
Great for us, Terrible for them. Alberts is a solid 6/7 but Franson is better than that, he just struggled and is younger and more mobile.

Franson could get something better IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
But most Canuck fans don't want to give up Tanev and that's probably the right move, the thought of Tanev - Corrado on a pairing together in a few years makes me wet my trousers.
Well put. I concur.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote