View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 08:09 AM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I see that Brent Sutter took over as coach in the middle of November. Is it a pretty different style he plays?

A coaching change a month into the season and a month before tryouts could certainly turn a young defenseman's head around some.
Under Jesse Wallin sometimes Dumba got to play all 2 minutes of the PP, now under Sutter he get's to play a more conventional 1 shift on the PP, so that likely contributes to his underwhelming production this season. The other thing contributing to his regression is that his "big open ice hits" were actually often penalties in the new WHL (I don't agree with the new standard, it hurts Miller on the WK's a lot as well), he got away with a lot until this season, I think that early suspension took away a lot of his desire to get out and hit someone, and once you take the hitting away from a guy like Dumba, you take away a big piece of his game. I think he'll play his 19 year old season back in the WHL, and be a lot more composed, stronger player who puts up more points again and plays a lot better.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote