View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
FreddtFoyle

vCash: 500
There have been several comments on the Globe and Mail version of the story. But this thread got my attention:

jzone1

12:59 AM on January 4, 2013

My daughter played on that very same team a few years ago and it was BRUTAL! The coach had her 4 favourites and the rest of the team BEGGED for attention! After playing elite hockey in Ontario - 5 times a week on the ice she road the bench on the LAST PLACE team for an entire year...oh sorry...with the occasional YOU will be playing tonight to find out when she arrived at the arena she was NOT dressing! OH but it gets much better...the existing male coach was dating a player..hhhmmm odd...she was 18 he was 28 (separated from his wife)...NO ABUSE OF POWER THERE...and the previous coach KNEW about it and did NOTHING..Then the university sacked her and gave HIM the team! THANK GOD a parent had the courage to expose the abuse..wish I could meet them, throw my arms around them and thank them for their convictions!
4 replies
Report Abuse

Score: -2
ggrundler

7:24 AM on January 4, 2013

I played on the team a few years ago and had the exact same experience. The coach allowed so much drama on the team it was ridiculous and played favourites with the players from Nova Scotia. I never knew the male coach and the player were exposed...it was public knowledge that they were dating and widely accepted and encourage by the 'inner circle' on the team.
Report Abuse

Score: 2
llawbor

7:42 AM on January 4, 2013

It seems a change of importance to include the accusation that the coach was dating a player after complaining about your daughter not getting ice time.

Neither of those were included by the journalist who wrote the article.
Report Abuse

Score: 0
RotationViolation

8:20 AM on January 4, 2013

You thank 'god' when you should be thanking the parent...

Nice use of CAPS, would have never understood had you not...

ignore.
Report Abuse

Score: 1
3P

9:05 AM on January 4, 2013

Another story which never sees the light in the Canadian media is female coaches hitting on female players - even though those female student athletes don't want that attention. And then there is the unspoken understanding that if you 'don't play the game', then you are not going to 'get into the game'. And the Canadian media, by not covering this story, are running interference for those predators.

jzone1

9:09 AM on January 4, 2013

3P....you misunderstood...the female coach of the team turned a blind eye to the MALE coach who was dating the player on the team...

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote