View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Taking Binnington in the 3rd round was a huge blunder for me. My rationale was that Subban would probably falter, and even if he didn't, Binnington would probably good for a gimme win. What a bust of a pick. Would've been sweet to pick up Miller or Granlund...

MacKinnon and Harrington were also huge disappointments for me.
I thought Binnington would steal the starter role as well, or at least get wins in basically gimme games versus Germany and Slovakia, can't remember the last time a Canadian team rode one goalie...not too mention how much better he looked last game. MacKinnon is another Spott just hated for no reason, he should have been given more of a chance, people are raving about Drouin, but MacKinnon is the better player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Biggest disappointment on my team was Reinhart. He's so amazing to watch with the Oil Kings, I figured he was a sure bet for a goal or two and a few assists.

Gotta admit though, I'm very, very pleased with Niklas Lundstrom. I took a major gamble taking him so early with the uncertainty in net for Sweden. Somehow, I ended up with a goalie who took the reins and led his team to the gold medal game. I don't think anybody was expecting Sweden to do so well.
Well Lundstrom was the 3rd last goalie taken. It was a toss up for me between Bartosak and Lundstrom, I took Bartosak partly since I knew Hero of Canton was targetting Lundstrom 3 picks after mine (didn't want to take advantage of a list).

Reinhart was always going to be the defensive member of the 3rd pairing, didn't think he would contribute offensively. Not with Ouellet, Reilly, Murphy, Hamilton all on team.

Anyways, people with Finns are in for a nice boost (mzappa you have a real chance). They are up 7-3 on Slovakia after 2 right now.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote