View Single Post
Old
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I'd rather not see him make the Habs if he's going to get pressbox nights with much frequency or play 8 minutes a game with 4th liners. In that scenario, which is realistically a "fair" setup for many young players just starting out, I'd rather see him playing in the OHL for the rest of this year. But I also don't think it ultimately ought to matter. It won't make or break him either way. It's just a personal preference. If he's good enough to play every night for the Habs and get 12+ minutes and maybe even some PP time or scoring line opportunities, then I want him on the Habs, if he's not, then just let him keep rolling in the OHL. For this mini-year.

I can't guess yet whether he's ready for the level of role I'd want to see him in as a Hab. Despite watching him in the OHL and WJC. Maybe it will even be hard to tell in an initial handful of NHL games while the NHLers are still ramping themselves up too.
But I would tend to say the WJC is at least making me lean towards guessing that he's "not ready" yet.